Mother-ease Cloth Diapers leak-free cloth diaper systems offer several unique products including One Size Fitted Diapers, Sandy's Fitted Diapers, All in One Diapers, side snapping diaper covers called Air Flow Covers, and wrap style covers with an aplix closure called Rikki Wrap Covers.
I am reviewing the Sandy's fitted diaper and the Air Flow Cover!
I was really happy for a chance to try out Mother-ease's Sandy's award winning fitted diaper. I'd heard it raved about on the diaper pin, and it surely did not disappoint!
Sandy's diapers are made of soft stretchy terry cloth, with an extra layer sewn in the middle. They are available in the following fabrics: stretchy cotton terry, colored stretchy cotton terry, organic cotton terry, and stretchy bamboo terry. Mother-ease prides themselves in their quality, custom knit fabrics!
Sandy's is a two size system. The Small Sandy's fits babies from 8-20 lbs and absorbs 12 oz. (350 ml). The Large Sandy's fits from 20-35 lbs, and absorbs 15 oz. The stretchy fabric allows them to fit for a long time!
Sandy's Diapers come in a great array of colors! I love them all!!!
I've been testing driving this Small Sandy's in white cotton terry:
Here's a view of the inside of the diaper:
And the outside:
It came with this nice absorbent liner:
Here's a closer look at the side snapping options:
I love love love this diaper! Even without the liner it is SO absorbent. The first time I sprayed it out I was like WOW! I know that has a hint of valley girl to it, but I really said that! It became so heavy in my hand that it really surprised me. I've sprayed a lot of diapers that never felt this heavy when saturated!!
I have a heavy wetter, so I love absorbency. I can see why this diaper is a favorite for many moms. I really enjoyed reading about the history of Mother-ease Cloth Diapers on their web-site, and learned that this diaper was actually designed for heavy wetters, and named after their son!!! Let me make a list of reasons I love this diaper!
1. The material is truly super soft and stretchy. It feels VERY comfy!!!
2. It's thick, but has a nice fit and isn't bulky (in comparison to what I'm used to with prefolds.)
3. The elastic snug around the legs and back, but totally comfortable.
4. As I mentioned, it is very very absorbent!
5. With the liner, it's a PERFECT nighttime diaper! (It's on my baby right now as she sleeps!:)
6. It's still soft after line drying!!!
7. I absolutely love the color choices.
8. I like the look of side snaps and that they help with toddler proofing later on and comfort for babies with chubby bellies.
9. I like it that one size will fit for a long time!
10. I like the look of it! It's cute. I like the ruffly look around the waist and legs.
I would change nothing about this diaper and have absolutely no dislikes! I'm seriously considering getting more in multiple sizes and making them our main overnight diaper.
I also had the opportunity to try out the Mother-ease Air Flow Cover!
This cover is made to be worn with Mother-ease fitted diapers. It is designed to be leak proof, but still allow ventilation. The way it works is that between the snaps at the legs and those at the waist, it buckles allowing an opening for air to flow in and out. This picture from Mother-ease web-site helps show what I mean: It took me a while to get used to this cover because I was accustomed to covers fitting more snugly. However, as I learned more about the cover and how it worked I realized that it is not meant to fit snugly, but loosely so that the air can circulate in and out. Now, after getting used to it and realizing that it is supposed to fit that way, it has grown on me and I think it's cute!
One problem I had at first was that it was leaving red marks on my baby's chubby legs. Most diapers leave slight red marks, but these were a little more prominent and enough to concern me. I tried putting the leg portion on a larger setting, and it has been better. The binding around the edge of the cover is a thin, breathable material, so it does not add cushion to the edge of the diaper cover. However, as I said before, putting it on a looser fitting setting has worked fine, and is also more conducive to airflow, which is the objective of the cover! I have had no leaks with it on the larger leg setting either, which I think was my fear to begin with. I find myself warming up to this cover more and more as time goes on!
Below you can see the size options at the legs and waist:
Here it is on baby!
These two products are truly special. They are designed by a mom seeking to meet the needs of absorbency and airflow for her own children. I love the functionality of these products! They work!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mother-ease is offering one blessed winner a Sandy's fitted diaper and Airflow Cover of their own! Here's how to win:
One Mandatory Entry:
Go to Mother-ease's web-site and come back here and tell me another of their products that you'd like to try!
(Leave a separate comment for each entry. Include your email address if it is not easily accessible through your blogger profile.You do not have to have a blogger profile to enter, as long as you leave a valid e-mail address.)
1. Like Mother-ease on Facebook!
2. Follow Mother-ease on Twitter!
3. Join the Mother-ease forum!
3. Like The Cheap and Choosy on Facebook! (Right sidebar) **New!**
4. Follow The Cheap and Choosy via Google Friend Connect (Right Side Bar).
5. Follow me on Twitter.
6. Share about this giveaway on Facebook and leave me a comment with the link.
7. Grab my blog button (top right) and leave a link to where I can find it in your comment.
8. Blog about this giveaway. (3 entries)
9. Tweet about this giveaway and leave the link to your tweet in your comment. You can use the re-tweet button on bottom left! (Up to 3 entries per day as long as they are at least 15 minutes apart.)
10. Subscribe to The Cheap and Choosy via email. (left hand sidebar)
11. Comment on one of my non-giveaway posts. (One entry per post commented on.)
12. Two entries for each of the 3 event buttons (left sidebar!) posted on the main page of your blog. Just leave a link to where I can find them.
Canada and U.S. only. This giveaway is open until Oct. 20, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. EST. The winner will be chosen using a random number generator. I will email the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond. If winner does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen. I will post the winner when the selection has been made and confirmed by the recipient.
This is not a paid post. I received the product for review free of charge. The opinions expressed are completely my own! You can see my full disclosure here.